Fällsvik Chapel

Address: Fällsvik, 87030 Nordingrå Show map

Address: Fällsvik, 87030 Nordingrå

Welcome to the annual chapel service, the evening collection with songs and music, as well as baptisms and weddings.

In 1873 there were seven crowns dedicated to renovate the chapel, a job which wasn´t done by the fishermen who were responsible for it, because in the early 1890´s the chapel became demolished. In a nearby boat house they had some pieces left from the walls and 1720 was engraved. In the current chapel are there some parts from the past.
In the summer of 1970 took the initiative to open air service at chapel hill, where the chapel formerly stood. At the coffee table collected 687 SEK and this became the basis for the bell tower, which opened the following year. The services became an annual tradition and is usually held the first weekend after midsummer.
The dream of building a new chapel became a reality - but it wasn´t aloud to look loke other ancient chapel. Thanks to donations and willing hands could Fällsvik chapel be constructed in 1977 and was inaugurated in July 1978.
Furniture and decorations are made and donated by individuals related to the district.

Show more

Distance

  • Attraction
    Mannaminne 8 km
  • Ferry
    Mjällomslandet 18 km
    Ullånger 20 km
  • Arena or meeting point
    Hornöberget/ Höga Kusten Bridge 20 km
    Naturum Höga Kusten 25 km
  • Train station
    Kramfors station 30 km
    Västeraspby station 38 km
  • City
    Kramfors 30 km
    Härnösand 31 km
  • Airport
    Höga Kusten Airport 37 km
  • Shopping
    Naturkompaniet, Outlet 51 km