Högsjö old chruch

Address: VALLEN 160, 870 16 Ramvik Show map

Address: VALLEN 160, 870 16 Ramvik

The Middle Ages church was probably built in the late 1300s. It was walled by the joke of the neighborhood, the ground plan is rectangular.

By the end of the Middle Ages, the church was expanded with a sacristy and a gun house. In 1721 the Russians put the church and the bell pile on fire, but it was being renovated and a new bell tower was erected. The pulpit that was inserted remains there today.

In the 1780s, the medieval church was abandoned and the bell tower was moved to Viksjö Township where it still exists.

Today, the church is a popular summer church. Many baptisms and weddings are served here every summer.

Show more